Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
The labradoodles? Really? I had read that they didn't need grooming aside from occasional haircuts.
Count on any "doodle" having the same grooming needs as a poodle - meaning pro grooming every 6 weeks. While you can learn to do it yourself, it's still a steady thing that needs done.

Most everything regarding "doodles" is hype, and based on the fact that most dogs are friendly, happy creatures, most folks don't demand much from a dog besides being a good pet and most people who pay 2k and up for a dog will socialize it and take it to puppy classes and the like.

1615434985223.png

@CSAchook - does this info that I have down so far look accurate?
“Extra mental stimulation’’ refers to things like higher obedience classes, training for a sport like frisbee, or puzzle toys, that keep the dog’s mind busy beyond the basic obedience training and regular walks. This can be taken on a case by case basis based off of behavior and the individual dog, but I’ve given a rating out of 10 to address potential for the need- 10 being we’d definitely need to do something and 1 being we definitely wouldn’t.

I like that idea but also are you allowed to volunteer to walk dogs for shelters in some places? Because that sounds,,,, amazing
This actually sounds like a good idea for you! I know the chances are low that you'd find a dog that fits your criteria, but it could be a good option to get a feel for the exact energy level and everything you want. Like, just for example, you may think that a dog that gets super excited whenever they see anyone is fine with you, but then you walk one and discover you find it super annoying.

This actually sounds like a good idea for you! I know the chances are low that you'd find a dog that fits your criteria, but it could be a good option to get a feel for the exact energy level and everything you want. Like, just for example, you may think that a dog that gets super excited whenever they see anyone is fine with you, but then you walk one and discover you find it super annoying.
I looked and I'm either not old enough for the volunteer programs or they're closed for new volunteers because COVID :hit

Back
Top Bottom