Help!! I'm overloaded with eggs!!

Quote:
I have 9 that should be laying.

All I can think of for the eggs are deviled and pickled eggs, but I have to give DW her cut of eggs first, then I get mine. Patience... *sigh*

A watched hen doesn't lay.

Check out your state and local laws about selling eggs and see if you can sell them next spring/summer/fall at your local farmers market. In the meantime advertise for free on Craigs list in your area, E-bay Local is also free, see if your state has a monthly
'agricultural and farm bulletin' - usually put out by the State Dept. of Ag - list your eggs there - also free. See if your local TV
station has a TV show or website that allows people to sell/swap etc. We have one called Trading Time and the show is on nightly live and if you call the host and tell him what you've got to sell he shows photos you've uploaded previously and gives your info and phone number. The TV station also has a website where anyone can place a free add - I advertise my eggs, hatching eggs and if I have any chickens I'm selling I advertise them there also.

I get $ 4 per dozen and $ 5 for 18 for my 'Heritage Breed' Barred Rock large brown cage-free eggs. I also sell my handmade skin care products at my local farmers market weekly and don't have room in my car for the cooler for the eggs but I have a great sign made up with a photo of one of my BR roos and info and had chicken selling business cards made up very cheaply at Vistaprint
and people get them at the mkt and call me to place their order for pickup here at our farm.

I do very well selling my eggs at premium prices because of my proximity to Atlanta and my small mountain town is a magnet
for rich city people who have second 'home's here in the N. GA mtns. and they LOVE and fall for my consciously targeted marketing
schemes focusing on the Heritage Breed and Cage Free - Large Brown - of my eggs. Seems to work pretty well!

Our homestead/small farm fronts a fairly busy road with high traffic but with all the crime and druggie breakins ( at least in our
neck of the woods ) we are not comfortable placing a sign out front advertising our eggs as we don't want strangers coming
to our house and also upsetting our multiple dogs.

When people resond to my ads or follow up after getting one of my 'chicken business cards' - they either call or e-mail
to ask info and/or to place their order and to arrange a time when they will come by to pick it up.

I also love to bake - THANK GOD - and I've found, tried and saved the recipes - for pound cakes, custards, breads,
etc. that take the maximum amount of eggs per recipe and I also make lots of egg salad and deviled eggs!

There is always the local food bank and service people like hair dresser and neighbors to 'gift' them too as well.

Quote:
Yeah, it's like Bubba from Forrest Gump! Egg salad, egg sandwich, fried eggs, poached eggs, scambled eggs, steak and eggs...

yuckyuck.gif
hahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom