help in iredell nc

I am wanting to raise chickens in the county and can't find the resources that I need. Can someone help?

I live in the town of Mooresville. I did a lot of research, read all of the codes, and couldnt find a thing. I also called the town of mooresville, Iredell county govt, and Iredell county Animal control. all 3 confirmed there are no ordanaces for or against chickens. I do know in the town of Mooresville, there is a noise ordance so you couldnt have a rooster. In my research, i also found that the town of Davidson allows 4 chickens (no roosters) in a law passed in the last few years. I hope this helps. I have 15 chicks 2.5 weeks old (will be keeping 6) and live in a neighborhood. We talked to our neighbors and let them know what we were planning and all seem ok with it.

I talked with the Poultry rep. at the Iredell County Agricultural agent. She said that there are no restrictions for the county, City of Statesville has restrictions. If you have a Home Owners Assoc., they can supersede the county.

I talked with the Poultry rep. at the Iredell County Agricultural agent. She said that there are no restrictions for the county, City of Statesville has restrictions. If you have a Home Owners Assoc., they can supersede the county.

Yes, Im lucky our neighborhood is older and the HOA disbanded
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom