help in locating small breeders

All of the sites like that seem to be so individual base, like silkies have a site, where you can locate breeders and what colors they have, and the same for polish on msn. We just need to put all of these togther as one. I think its a great idea, just seems like a TON of work to find everyone!

Maybe we need to see if niftychicken can add our state to our username on the personal pages. That way, you know what state the members are in. It would narrow down your search time alot as far as searching the member pages for breeds your interested in.
Just a thought.
Christie
big_smile.png

Quote:
They do have but non-pro breeders don't go to those sites. Plus they don't always put their addresses/phone number. I just thought there would be people that have a pair or more of certain breeds and are local. As of now, there is no way to find them.

seedcorn, your are exactly right, I am in Fl, and I think I searched for a good month on the internet, and finally came across a small breeder, when I got my first silkies. Plus like eggbid, not everyone wants show quality or can afford to pay $50 buck a bird.

OK, here is the deal. Those that want to be on a list (as long as mod's don't care) put what you have or will have and some way to contact you. If you want put state, town whatever info you feel comfortable sharing (not too much data as those interested can contact you for more info) and I'll start a excel spread sheet. How it will be posted is yet to be determined.

Thanx seedcorn, I was gonna offer, but since you've beat me to it! I'm a newbee, so nothing to offer, but I will be looking for more in the spring...it's gonna be hard to wait that long!!!

Do we post our info in this thread or have you started a new one that I have not found?
Or do we send our info to you via email?

I will participate with what we plan on raising & selling next year.

We will be hatching:

Silver Lakenvelder
Buff Orpington
Rhode Island Reds
Standard Game chickens
Delaware
Ameraucana
EE
Black Araucana
Dominique
Barred Rock ???
Red Sex Links
Bantam Red Frizzle Cochins
Some mixed breeds
Pearl Guinea's

I'm not sure which other breeds we will be breeding next year. GD hasn't decided on the Barred Rocks yet. She will have a couple of breeds that are hers.
The last few years, she bred Bantam Cochins and Bantam Brahma's.

Jean
email me

Last edited:
This is an excellent idea.
I live in "Southern Central" Maine...Poland Spring area.
Okay I'll make my list.
I plan to have:

Quality bearded Silkies in the Blue, Splash and Grey varieties.

Silver Phoenix

La Fleche

American Longtails (Mixed Long tailed breeds)

Longtailed Layers (Phoenix/EE crosses, as well as Phoenix and other layer breeds I have, which isn't many since I only have a Black Star and an Australorp)

Back
Top Bottom