help in locating small breeders

seedcorn

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
NE. IN
I use the term breeder loosely as someone who has a pair or more that will seperate them to have purebreds.

Is there somewhere I can look to see who has what where? confusing enough?

there are people out there with the breed that someone is looking for but don't know they exist. If there isn't a nice, neat site, it would be nice if one could be made here so we could look by breed/state, etc to see who to contact to get eggs, chicks, roos, pullets, etc. Am I out to lunch?

That sounds like a great idea. I would love to expand my flock, and would prefer to find someone local so there are no shipping fees. Maybe we can see about doing a page per state, and people list what they breed. Right now I don't have anyone laying, but in the spring I will hopefully have australorps, RIRs and Japanese Bantams.

I think it's a great idea!

We are slowly but surely working towards seperating out our breeds to keep them pure. Not enough hours in the day, and the new Harley isn't helping either!
gig.gif

Dawn

Sadly, there is no such site. Try contacting your local Feather Fancier Club, if you have one. I know in CA we have 1-2 for every region. I have 2 close to me, the Central Coast FF and Sea Side FF. They will most likely have a list of breeders and their birds in your area, as long as they are club members. And if you don't have one, try going to a show in your area. Most fairs will have poultry, and try talking to someone. Good luck! I hope my advice helps somewhat.

I would be OK to keep list on excel spread sheet (so that you can run easy sort) on people that have whatever breed by state.

If enough think this is a good idea, I'll post email address and we can get started. I'm thinking each state would have it's own page. I could list it by state, town, breed (sorted by bantam/standard), email address and/or phone number.

What we did last year on the ez site was to start a thread like , "what does everyone plan on having next year". Most of us backyard hobbiests then posted what breeds we had or would have available, wether we could ship eggs , chicks or adults and then the state we were in. It was great winter reading as the post went on and on and on. So go ahead you start it and I'll post.

Another option is that members could use their personal pages and create a page for their state. Then, one person could make a page with links to all and put it in a post on the site.

Back
Top Bottom