Help in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Lisab, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Lisab

Lisab Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2007
    MA
    I've not seen a request like this but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm a young widow mom of 3 who is raising chickens. Two years ago we bought a large doghouse and cut a side door into it and made some 'reasonable doors' at the time.
    This past year, the doors fell apart as they weren't well constructed and after wood gluing etc they then were blocked to keep closed.

This past february we lost our flock to a martin or weasel..... saw it take off then discovered the chicken massacre in the pen....ick.

We are starting over and have hatched out 4 baby silkies, getting 6 babies next month and eggs coming in mail.

My request? Anyone out there in South Eastern MA that could come help me build two working doors???

Lisab

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*hey, there! Not in Mass., sorry, but 2 ideas. Someone on the coop board may be able to talk you through a simple, sturdy contruct if you post there. And, check with pastors at some of the christian churches in your area-- They almost always have at least one decent carpenter in the bunch somewhere (and sometimes, more than one!) [​IMG] Like you said, it doesn't hurt to ask!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Wow. I hate it about your flock, but I am happy to hear that you are starting over!

I like d.k's idea of asking around at the church's. I am sure someone is out there who would be willing to help out! I can possibly help you take care of that too. I will be sending you a PM shortly!

4. masschix

masschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    If you could send a picture of the coop with dimensions, I could possibly help you out, or atleast give you some instructions. I am pretty handy (my DH and I built our house from the bottom up - so I know my way around power tools). Let me know...I'm in central/north Mass.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by