Help! Incubator disaster!

The first pipped chick is still working through the shell. It could be zipping soon, I hope. Second egg just peeped! Not externally pipped yet, but very vocal! :thumbsup

Really hope you have some zipping soon it can take a while though they have a lot to do and hatching is very hard work for them. When your first one is out it should encourage the others more with its chirping :fl

Update: First chick has been knocking all day and making the hole bigger and bigger, but no zipping yet. Getting concerned that it made the opening too big. Second chick is peeping but still no external pip, yet. Hatching can be tedious, but at this point I am just glad that some survived the chaos and are still hatching.

Welcome Keebler to the flock. Just hatched against the odds at 11:05 pm.

Congratulations! :D It sure is scary when the incubation goes wrong - a couple of weeks back I lost heat in my incubator for around 9 hours! One chick has since hatched (the other 5 in his lot didn't make it), and the rest of that lost are due to hatch Wed/Thursday (or Friday, possibly, allowing for an extra day)

All the best for the rest of yours :)

Thanks. The second chick has been getting quieter and quieter all day and two of the dark maran eggs are silent. I hope all the commotion little Keebler is making will encourage the others to start hatching.

Back
Top Bottom