help!! incubator temp too low

dathy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
chicago
ok, so I am new to incubating , while i was manually turning my eggs, i did not realise that i had incompletely shut my incubator. i came back 5 hours later to check on them and the temp was 95 degrees!

PLEASE HELP! DO YOU THINK THAT THE EMBRYOS ARE DEAD?

yes, i candled them and all are healthy!
clap.gif

Yep, your gonna be OK, things like this happens, I have seen my hens get off the eggs go into another box, leaving the eggs to get really cold, I would move them back under her sure enough they would still hatch, so 95 isn't to bad...

we just made a homemade incubator that the high is 99 and the low is getting to 91 is that to low and if so how can we get the thermastat to adjust to turn on quicker we have one that is used to heat water heater

we just made a homemade incubator that the high is 99 and the low is getting to 91 is that to low and if so how can we get the thermastat to adjust to turn on quicker we have one that is used to heat water heater
OK you need to let that temp hit 102 BUT as soon as it does adjust it so that it goes off. as the bator cools down the light shouldn't turn back on until about 94 or 95. I can't remember the exact..

I've done and used the same thing, works great. Did you put a computer fan in it?

Back
Top Bottom