help!! incubator temp too low

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dathy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dathy

dathy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    chicago
    ok, so I am new to incubating , while i was manually turning my eggs, i did not realise that i had incompletely shut my incubator. i came back 5 hours later to check on them and the temp was 95 degrees!

PLEASE HELP! DO YOU THINK THAT THE EMBRYOS ARE DEAD?

2. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    Your likely okay. Just get the temp back up and wait it out through normal incubation. You would be surprised how tough they can be.

1 person likes this.
  3. dathy

dathy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    chicago
    thank you
    now i feel a bit better

4. dathy

dathy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    chicago
    yes, i candled them and all are healthy![​IMG]

5. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Yep, your gonna be OK, things like this happens, I have seen my hens get off the eggs go into another box, leaving the eggs to get really cold, I would move them back under her sure enough they would still hatch, so 95 isn't to bad...

1 person likes this.
  6. dionegrey

dionegrey New Egg

Mar 3, 2015
    we just made a homemade incubator that the high is 99 and the low is getting to 91 is that to low and if so how can we get the thermastat to adjust to turn on quicker we have one that is used to heat water heater

7. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    OK you need to let that temp hit 102 BUT as soon as it does adjust it so that it goes off. as the bator cools down the light shouldn't turn back on until about 94 or 95. I can't remember the exact..

I've done and used the same thing, works great. Did you put a computer fan in it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by