HELP! Injured Chicken! Hurt neck?

@Trinnmariee can you give us an update on your hen? Last post was November 2021.

She passed! She was doing great and then she took a significant turn for the worse. She was eating, drinking, and moving her neck on her own, but she was not able to stand at all or completely sit up right. She could move one leg, but not the other; only it’s toes and slightly.

Thank you for asking and reaching out! I apologize for a delay in response. My little brother was experiencing heart complications and I completely forgot about responding to you all!

We did get two new chicks! They’re now 8 weeks old and my husband built a brand new super secure coop! We found out that the prey was a coyote. We set up a game camera and traps, but he hasn’t been back except once since we built the new coop.

She passed! She was doing great and then she took a significant turn for the worse. She was eating, drinking, and moving her neck on her own, but she was not able to stand at all or completely sit up right. She could move one leg, but not the other; only it’s toes and slightly.

Thank you for asking and reaching out! I apologize for a delay in response. My little brother was experiencing heart complications and I completely forgot about responding to you all!

We did get two new chicks! They’re now 8 weeks old and my husband built a brand new super secure coop! We found out that the prey was a coyote. We set up a game camera and traps, but he hasn’t been back except once since we built the new coop.
I'm sorry to hear she died:(

Thank you for the update, I hope your brother is recovering and all is going well.

New chicks and a new coop - that's exciting! Even if your coyote hasn't been around in a while, s/he will return and check it all out periodically.

I’m so sorry for your loss :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom