Help Is Needed!!!

equinehugger3

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 14, 2010
We are getting rid of our rooster today
hit.gif
I'm sooo gonna miss him, we raised him from an egg, but he's sooooo loud and mean. He's attacked three of us, and he's bit me multiple times. I'm kind of worried about my two hens, because the three of them hatched together, and they're inseparable. I'm sooo sad I have to separate them, but (I feel like a terrible person saying this!) if I'm forced to give up our little roo, I'm SO not giving up my two hens! <3 I'm going to buy some laying hens, and I'm wondering how I'll introduce them to my hens??? My hens are the sweetest, so I'm not worrying about them beating up others... I have a *tiny* tiny TINY Blue Cochin, and she is so sweet and shy, that I'm a little afraid that she'd get beat up. I have no worries for my Jersey Black... she's HUGE, and she has the biggest claws ever! I have several scars on my arm from those. (< it's not like she did it on purpose...) Soooooo, to sum this all up, do you think my hens will go into a chicken depresson, or will they be fine??? How do I introduce my new hens to my old???

Sorry about the unnecessarily long paragraph!
wee.gif

hugs.gif
Thanksss!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

If a roo is mean there is no reason to keep him.

Just find two more hens the size of your cochin. yes there will be fighting to determine pecking order but in two weeks, all will be well with the world again.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom