Help!! Is there anything I can do!!

jathall

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 4, 2010
I have 3 week old brahmas and one is sick!! She won't walk around, she kind of leans to the one side, and she is breathing hard. I found her last night like that. I thought she was just cold and if I warmed her up she'd get better. I keep them outside on the covered porch in a cage. I have a light on them at night and during the day I turn it off being that we have been in the 90's here. Last night I was gone till late and a storm blew thru so the temp dropped. She felt cool when I picked her up but she has warmed up since and she is still not looking good. What could be wrong?? Is there anything I can do or give her to help her out??
sad.png

Second the vitamins & fluid..... Is she wheezing in her chest at all? She might need an antibiotic or such like Tylan if she is. In a pinch you can use children s grape flavored Wal brand cold & Flu.. a few drops in beak.... She could be coming down with something and it just got worse with the weather.... hard call. Keep her warm, hydrated... did she lose any weight at all?

Yes, she has lost weight.. I read alot trying to figure out what could be wrong. I read up on sour crop.. I don't think that's it cause there is no lump or swelling in the neck. but when I rubbed her neck I did feel air bubbles?? So I gave her a few drops of Viniger Apple Cider and water just incase. I do have some children meds you recommended, so I'll try that.. I can't make her any worse, poor thing..
sad.png
Thanks a million for the help.

Nevermind ,,Belle died
sad.png
Well we tried.. Hopefully her sister doesn't get it. It was just the two of them. Well ,,off to the feed store for another one so her sister can calm down.. Poor thing!! Thanks again for the help..

I'm so sorry. One common problem in young chicks is coccidia. It makes them lose weight, get listless and droopy, often fluffed up etc... Corid from TSC (for cattle)added to the water stops it. You do not always see blood in poo but can in the very late stages. Be cautious about introducing something new to that environment....

Back
Top Bottom