?Help? Is this a Bumble?

Ok, I'll check back later to report any findings. Plus to see if y'all think the treatment should changed.
I worked a 16 hour shift last night and I'm tired but, I ate eggs and toast and drank a diet Mt. Dew. So, I'm good for a little while. Lol.
Why not clean a coop? Lol

Here are more pictures. Running around as usual.
The last photo is the second one.
Then another of the original one and her face.
Not laying yet but getting close.
The one on the upper part of the leg looks like from injury. If she were mine and I wanted to do anything to that one, I would apply a bit of Iodine on that. I would wouldn't pick off the scab at all.

Last edited:
Another way to get injuries on the feet and legs like that is from pecking. Keep an eye out for any chicken that seems to be zeroing in on legs and feet, including the chicken that may be injuring her self by pecking her own feet. OC behavior isn't limited to humans.

If you find that these injuries are self inflicted or from another chicken, using pine tar on the wounds will seal them from bacteria and prevent infection while making a bad tasting barrier to discourage pecking.

I just cleaned out the coop and ran the sander on the roost. Ran my bare hand over the walls, bar ect. I raked the dirt run and found "nothing"!
My husband even checked to make sure screws didn't poke through on the coop. Nope, nothing.
I did find a corner of the fencing had a mid level wire hook sticking out, so I fixed that. I removed the oak tree branch and ran the sander over it again. I removed all the lil sticks.
Im wondering this.....just now???
She sleeps in the opposite direction to the Iron Maiden( White Crested Black Polish)-- Head to tail. Im wondering if the Iron Maiden pecked at her foot because it would be on that side where she would be sitting.
Possibility?
Im at a quandary.
These are my only two Polish that live in their own coop and run. The Big Mean girls beat them up. Therefore, they are separated as their own double flock forever.
Please advise.
Vicki
Ps: the Iron Maiden said " If I did that, I don't remember!". LMAO

Attachments

• 20201013_184953.jpg
    20201013_184953.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 2
You..."I would pick off the scab at all"????
The one on the upper part of the leg looks like from injury. If she were mine and I wanted to do anything to that one, I would apply a bit of Iodine on that. I would wouldn't pick off the scab at all.
Thanks for the question and heads up on that.
I corrected that now :hmm:oops: I would not pick the scab off, how's that.
See if it will dry up with some Iodine.

Back
Top Bottom