?Help? Is this a Bumble?

Vickischics

BYC Songster & Master Egg Collector!
Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
When I inspected my 25 week old Silver Lace Polish Pullet, I noted a scab on her left foot. The scab came off easily and bled good.
I soaked her foot in Epson salts for 15 min to see if a kernel was there. But, I dont know what Im truly looking for.
Please advise.
@casportpony
@Wyrop Rock
@Over Mare
@azygous
@sourland
@Eggcessive
@drumstick diva
Thank you

azygous

Crossing the Road
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
You can have a minor wound on a foot without bumblefoot. Bumblefoot is when the wound is infected with bacteria, usually staph. I would spray Vetericyn on it, and let her go her way, but do keep an eye on the foot for possible infection developing.

Vickischics

Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
You can have a minor wound on a foot without bumblefoot. Bumblefoot is when the wound is infected with bacteria, usually staph. I would spray Vetericyn on it, and let her go her way, but do keep an eye on the foot for possible infection developing.
Thank you so much.
I noticed another small one on the same foot on a different toe area after the soaking.
I will do. Thanks!

Wyorp Rock

Blessed
Premium Feather Member
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains

Wyorp Rock

Blessed
Premium Feather Member
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
The other scab still intact?
What's her comb and face look like?

I would continue treating as you're doing. Try triple antibiotic ointment and wrap the foot, but you may find that you need to let it dry out too.
I've had to do both ways - keep the wound moist and clean out and also let it dry up well (still cleaned well, antiseptic, but then dried and wrapped).

Vickischics

Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
Yes, the small scab is still attached. Ill go take a picture of it too. Plus her face.
Ill be quick. I handle them everyday, so it's no problem.
So, don't eat too much popcorn waiting. Lol

Vickischics

Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
It might be a good idea to search for what caused these foot injuries and remedy it.
Yes, I looked all over the enclose run, Nothing. I could remove the thick oK tree branch they play on.
I looked inside the coop with pine Flakes and I see nothing yet either. But, will continue to look.
I will clean out the coop today and do a good inspection.

Top Bottom