Help! Is this angel a roo, or a hen?

MADZ of Animal

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 24, 2013

He/she is extremely sweet. About ten weeks old, has never tried to mate or get aggressive with the young hens. Is best friends with my other roo. He/she never shows of or crows. Is "Jeannie" a "Deannie"?

Last edited:
Im thinkin roo too. All the red at only 10 weeks and that feather your holding on the tail, looks like a fancy roo feather. Do you have a roo already? Maybe that is delaying his crow a lil bit. If he's getting picked on a bit he's not top dog yet but soon enough will try for the position :) I would wait for the tail to show a lil more or a crow personally to be 100% because I don't have this particular breed.

What happened to the feathers on the back of the head? It looks like a rooster has given him a near-scalping. And yes, at ten weeks, that is a ton of comb development. You should see the pointy/shiny/skinny saddle feathers emerging soon if they aren't already.

Actually, the loss of feathers on the back of "his" head was from the grown-up hens attacking "him" when I first introduced "him" to the flock.

Thanks eyeryone! Now I must go catch "Deannie", because he has just escaped......again.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom