HELP - Is this poop normal? Lethargic chicken 2nd post

Hemphia

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I posted earlier about my 1 year old hen acting off. I am following up on her poops to see if it appears things are returning back to a healthier state. These are the last 2 poops she has had.... the one in the grass was the last one. She seems to be acting better but wasn’t sure if the poop could indicate what I have going on with her seeing as I didn’t get a lot of feedback on the first post.

Attachments

• 830855C1-04FF-4A2D-965F-F0611CF54ED5.jpeg
    830855C1-04FF-4A2D-965F-F0611CF54ED5.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 7
  • B3EE0FF8-691B-4615-BB6D-636493BE8DC7.jpeg
    B3EE0FF8-691B-4615-BB6D-636493BE8DC7.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 5
I posted earlier about my 1 year old hen acting off. I am following up on her poops to see if it appears things are returning back to a healthier state. These are the last 2 poops she has had.... the one in the grass was the last one. She seems to be acting better but wasn’t sure if the poop could indicate what I have going on with her seeing as I didn’t get a lot of feedback on the first post.
Looks like you got good feedback on your other thread:)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-think-egg-bound-either.1477220/post-24611773
The first poop looks like a cecal poop, but the later ones look a bit like a hen with reproductive issues or liver problems. I would continue to watch her droppings. Offer crushed egg shells and some oyster shell while she is on chick feed. The calcium was a good idea. Offer some wet chicken feed, and a little egg, plus a spoonful of plain yogurt for some probiotics. Tuna or canned cat food are other choices for coxing one to eat. Reproductive problems are common in hens, but usually later in life. If an infection is suspected, Fish Mox amoxicillin 125-250 mg given orally twice a day might help. Toss out any eggs for 2 weeks after treatment if used.

Yes but this is new poop so I wanted to be sure that this was showing improvement over worsening. These were poops she did since I had posted that thread. I understand I got good feedback and did appreciate the reply I did get. I just wanted to be sure since her poop had changed again from the poops I had posted in there. Also still can’t figure out why she is lethargic and isn’t eating or drinking without me doing it

Yes but this is new poop so I wanted to be sure that this was showing improvement over worsening. These were poops she did since I had posted that thread. I understand I got good feedback and did appreciate the reply I did get. I just wanted to be sure since her poop had changed again from the poops I had posted in there. Also still can’t figure out why she is lethargic and isn’t eating or drinking without me doing it
And sticking to one thread so comparison and follow up is easier is always a good idea as well.

Toggling back and forth at photos it may be an improvement, but as mentioned likely there is more going on. I suggest that you try the antibiotics to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom