**Help!!** Is this sound healthy or not??

May 28, 2020
Enumclaw, WA
**Help!!**Hi all! I got a new laying hen, which came with a respitory infection. She gave it to one of my original girls. I quarantined and treated...my original is fine now, but the new one is now making this purring noise. I know purring is a sign of comfort and relaxing. But being that this is immediately following a RI and not having any point of reference For her normal behavior (since she is a new addition) I just can’t tell. Listen to the video (click link for chicken video) Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Last edited:
**shoot how do you post a video? It will only let me post a picture??**
Hi all! I got a new laying hen, which came with a resinfection. She gave it to one of my original girls. I quarantined and treated...my original is fine now, but the new one is now making this purring noise. I know purring is a sign of comfort and relaxing. But being that this is immediately following a RI and not having any point of reference For her normal behavior (since she is a new addition) I just can’t tell. Listen to the video, sorry my daughter was singing in the background, but at the end you can clearly hear it. Thank you in advance for your help!!!
I believe you have to upload the video to YouTube and then post the link here. I've never done it but that's what I've been told.
Ok, I was able to get the video uploaded, thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom