Help is this??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dr8goons, Jun 19, 2008.

1. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    i'm on day 10 and ive candled a few times and these two have had me worried. one had started and i could see the veins and the past two days the veins went runny and arint there and the liquid wont move in egg its gone soild like a hard cooked egg.is this a blood spot? the other one i see no yellow or dark area in the egg its all clear except a bloody line around the middle is this a blood spot? if i take the chance and let them go to day 14 will they explode? here are the best pics i could get candling hopefully they will give you an idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That really is hard to tell but it does look like a blood ring. At day 10 I usually see a lot more veins and such. I would get rid of those if were me.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    First one looks to have a bloodring developed...the second I would shine the light down from the top before throwing or getting rid of it to make sure nothing is in there...I candle from the top down....

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I have to tell you...I had one that looked just like that and I was certain it was a bloodring. I almost chucked it but decided to keep it a while longer...as long as it wasn't weeping. It is now pipped and will probably hatch tonight!

It will eventually declare itself one way or the other.

5. brahma-momma

brahma-momma Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2008
    Burnside, Ky
    it looks like they failed to develop.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Looks like blood rings to me as well. If you want to keep it for a few more days and check again on day 14. You should see an embro by then. Be aware that they can go bad quickly so if you detect even the slightest strange odor, get rid of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by