HELP!! Lethargic drooling cold ROO!!

hillerfamily

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
seffner fl
My roo got beat up a little by another roo last week. Seemed to be doing better.

Today started laying around, not eating or drinking. Hes a RIR, about 2 and otherwise in good health.

He is lying around, shaking, drooling, and chilled.
I brought him in the house and have him in a basket with a towel trying to warm him. Fixing to try and give a bit of water. Any help would be great.

Eyes open now...acting stiff. Pupils keep getting bigger and smaller.....Thick drool.
Regular pooping..

HELP

Last edited:
Oh my, I have never heard of such a thing. Has he possibly gotten into something and ingested it? Water with a little sugar or vitamins in it may help keep up his strength. Keep him warm and quiet for sure. Anytime I have seen a animal drool for unexplained reasons they usually had eaten something they shouldn't have. Anybody else out there.....?

I think I'd have to agree with you chickensouix. He either ate something he shouldn't have or he's got a serious infection going from his fight wounds. You might want to have someone who knows chickens take a look at him. Good luck with him.

I am so sorry for your loss. Out of curiosity I would want a necropsy done if you can find a facility that will do that for you. Some avian vets will. Again, I am sorry

Last edited:
Thanks so much every one for the help...The second rooster died as well. They basically just beat the ever living daylights out of each other.

My rooster was a cool guy. Very laid back. My kids carried him around everywhere, like a dog. He did tricks for bananas...Not a mean bone in his body....Stinks but we miss them both. Couldnt find a "chicken doctor". The vets here consider that and "exotic"......and our local feed store was closed (thier like witch doctors there.hehe) so there was no one to ask about the cause of death

Back
Top Bottom