hmlamberson

Chirping
Apr 20, 2016
My vet has failed to help me with treatment as he doesn't typically treat chickens. I have to treat my flock for 3 parasites: Coccidiosis, Heterakis & Capillaria as the fecal came back showing them. I'm told to use CORID for the Coccidiosis and Levamisole for Heterakis and Capillaria. My questions are:

Where do I purchase Levamisole? I'm sure it will be an online purchase.
What would be the dosage per gallon?
How many days?
Should it be repeated?
Is there an egg with drawl period?

My understanding for CORID (powder form is what I have from Tractor Supply) it's 1.5 tsp per gallon for 7 days to get rid of it. Should this be repeated after 7 days again? I also understand there is no egg with drawl period - correct me if I'm wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always!

Thanks!

Corid can be gotten at Tractor Supply and your dosage is correct, you can also do 1 3/4 tsp per gallon without harm, I would dose each chicken directly into their mouths to get them started. Levamisole looks like its is sold at Tractor Supply under the name Prohibit. No egg wirhrawal for Corid. 5 grams per 8 litres of water is what Ive found for Levamisole with no egg withdrawal. But I would try to treat the birds individually with the Levamisole instead of using it in the water mixes with Corid. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will come along.

Back
Top Bottom