HELP!! Lonely Goose

Managed to find a picture of the happy couple before she was taken from us. Thank you for every ones help.

ps we Just call him/her Goose

Managed to find a picture of the happy couple before she was taken from us. Thank you for every ones help.

ps we Just call him/her Goose
Lovely, isn´t it pleasant watching them on a large body of water?! There are lots of lakes around us, and a number of them have ferral geese swanning around on them, very graceful. So, looking at this photo, I really couldn´t guess as to whether Goose or his/her friend would be male or female. These two seem to hold themselves exactly the same way. (Often the male holds himself a little taller.) If you want to try to replace it, though, I reckon female could be a safe choice. have fun!

Lovely, isn´t it pleasant watching them on a large body of water?! There are lots of lakes around us, and a number of them have ferral geese swanning around on them, very graceful. So, looking at this photo, I really couldn´t guess as to whether Goose or his/her friend would be male or female. These two seem to hold themselves exactly the same way. (Often the male holds himself a little taller.) If you want to try to replace it, though, I reckon female could be a safe choice. have fun!
x2

GOING OUT TODAY TO TRY TO FIND A PARTNER TO RELEASE WITH GOOSE. ONCE I HAVE FOUND ONE I WILL INFORM ALL OF HOW THEY GET ON TOGETHER HOPEFULLY WITH PHOTO'S. THANKYOU FOR ALLL YOUR HELP SO FAR.

GOING OUT TODAY TO TRY TO FIND A PARTNER TO RELEASE WITH GOOSE. ONCE I HAVE FOUND ONE I WILL INFORM ALL OF HOW THEY GET ON TOGETHER HOPEFULLY WITH PHOTO'S. THANKYOU FOR ALLL YOUR HELP SO FAR.
pop.gif
Not sure how well this is going to go over just dropping a new goose over the side into the water, some times they need a bit of time to get use to each other, Hopefully your goose will be lonely enough to accept a new one.
fl.gif

Do you always feed Goose in the water, or is there a place near your mooring where she comes onto the bank for food? Maybe you´d be able to introduce the new-comer to this area, feed it, get it used to you, better still if Goose isn´t around at this point, and then Goose can find her own way to make its acquantance?

LOOKED EVERWHERE FOR A MATE FOR GOOSE, BUT I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO DIFFICULT IN THIS AREA TO AQUIRE AN EMBDEN GOOSE. GOING TO A FUR AND FEATHER AUCTION ON SATURDAY IF NOT WORKING,AND HOPEFULLY THERE I WILL AQUIRE GOOSE A NEW PARTNER. THANKS TO LIVIN IN BRAZIL FOR YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS UNLIKE SOME OTHERS WHO PUT DAMPNERS ON IT, I AM NOT JUST GONNA CHUCK A GOOSE OVERBOARD WITHOUT INTRODUCING THEM FOR A FEW TIMES FIRST!!!

LOOKED EVERWHERE FOR A MATE FOR GOOSE, BUT I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO DIFFICULT IN THIS AREA TO AQUIRE AN EMBDEN GOOSE. GOING TO A FUR AND FEATHER AUCTION ON SATURDAY IF NOT WORKING,AND HOPEFULLY THERE I WILL AQUIRE GOOSE A NEW PARTNER. THANKS TO LIVIN IN BRAZIL FOR YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS UNLIKE SOME OTHERS WHO PUT DAMPNERS ON IT, I AM NOT JUST GONNA CHUCK A GOOSE OVERBOARD WITHOUT INTRODUCING THEM FOR A FEW TIMES FIRST!!!
Well, I lived near the Kennet and Avon Canal, so I know how it works a bit. Hope you have success at the fair and I´m so looking forward to seeing pics and hearing of your success. So is everyone else, I´m sure. It´s very sweet what you´re trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom