HELP LOST BABY CHICKEN

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FatBurrito, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurrito

FatBurrito Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2017
    We never let our about 3-6?8? week old chickens out because one escaped somehow and we never found her.I felt so bad for them that while my mom was gardening I told her to let them out and put them back in later.She couldn't get them in and just left them out with the entrance to their cool open at night and the next morning only one was back in the coop and the other was nowhere to be found! What do we do?!?! How do we find them

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    So many questions go through my mind---why were they not checked on about dark or with a flash light after dark? They are just babies, they do not know what to do----and without a Mom---you are their mom. If they did not show back up all day( did you do a serious search for them today) they were probably got by a predator.

morganalefae and KellB like this.
  3. FatBurrito

Apr 21, 2017
    Their mother died just a few weeks ago and both me and my mother were sick and we did seriously search today.

4. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    So Mom got sick after she worked in the garden---Sorry. Some one should have checked on them before dark yesterday to make sure they were back in their coop.

morganalefae and Ghull00 like this.
  5. FatBurrito

Apr 21, 2017
    I just really need to find the baby.It most likely escaped in the morning after the night cause that's what they do_Our chicks know where their coops is but not their home.Our neighbors are all nice,maybe one took it in? But I don't know what to do and it's already night

6. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I hope you find them, Or is it one?? Sorry for the Chick/s. Finished

7. Top Rooster

Top Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    North East Oklahoma
    I sadly do not think your ever going to find her I have gut feeling that she was got by a predator. How many chickens do you have currently

8. FatBurrito

Apr 21, 2017
    I have 4 big chickens and two baby chicks now.One escaped.The baby chick was quite big already.It wasn't a baby

9. FatBurrito

Apr 21, 2017
    And we are not giving up hope

10. Top Rooster

Top Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    North East Oklahoma
    I'm glad hope you find your chicken but don't ever leave them unprotected at night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by