Help-- lots of ?????

needtohatch

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Hart Co
Hi, I have read so much info I am getting confused. I have a LG bator (still air) w/turner. I seem to be able to get a steady temp of 100. Is that ok? Should I have the bator up to temp before I put my eggs in, or let it warm up w/eggs in it? Also what is the best way to add water?
Thanks

First
welcome-byc.gif

The bator needs to be up to temp before adding the eggs. That way you can make sure it's holding the temp and not fluxuating. I add the first water before putting the eggs in the turner. Then a turkey baster works well for adding more later. Hope that helps some. Good luck on your hatch.

welcome-byc.gif
a baster would work very good i use a squrt bottle after i spilld water with a pitcher and it ran out the little holes in the bottem and all over the table and floor.

you can take a marker and trace the water wells so you can see them tween the turner or add a piece of tubing or straw don't remove lid to add water use vent holes,

lg's are very touchy so let it warm up , then watch it closely, cause just moving the lid can throw it off,

temps goal for 99.7 - 102 (99.1-100.7 forced air). with an lg, don't adjust till it's out of that range, it's not going to stay on 100 even a genesis swings a bit (99.5-100.2)

edit for still air
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom