HELP lump on ducklings neck

ajv5148

Hatching
Mar 12, 2016
I noticed tonight that one of my four ducklings has a decent size lump on the right side of his neck right at the base. They did just have a good snack of banana and lettuce, so maybe it's the crop? But only one of them has it. I'm worried it's a cyst or something. He didn't seem too fond of me touching it, but didn't scream or seem too in pain. I can try to post pictures tomorrow. Any help is much appreciated!!

They have chick starter/grower available to them 24/7 I only give treats on occasions to vary their diet a little. He seemed to be eating and drinking fine. Plenty of poop when I changed the bedding but there's four of them in there.

I'm about to go to sleep myself, checked on them one last time. Swelling has seemed to go down. Hoping it was just the crop/overrate or drank. I'll see how it is in the morning

How is the duckling now? I'm thinking it was just a full crop as well, but wanted to check how it was doing today to be sure.

I checked all four individually and there didn't seem to be any lumps! I think it was just a full crop. Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom