HELP!?!? Male or Female Welsh Harlequin??

Have you googled Silver Appleyards?

Our rouens are darker in color. And they don't have dark blue bills. It could be a mix of welsh/rouen. But that coat looks lighter, more like an Appleyard.

Rouenhttps://www.purelypoultry.com/images/ducks/rouen-ducks.jpg

Silver Appleyard https://croftwaterfowldotcodotuk.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/img_15961.png
M-kay...did you see the baby pictures at all? She is most definitely a rouen, if I had only seen the adult picture perhaps I would be confused as well. Baby silver appleyard ducks have a mohawk stripe, no eyestripes just a mohawk. She is not white at all, and the picture of a silver appleyard you posted was white (with additional coloration in some places) and no black bill. She is very dark compared to a welshie or a silver appleyard, rouens are dark and a good specimen will have a dark bill as well.

M-kay...did you see the baby pictures at all? She is most definitely a rouen, if I had only seen the adult picture perhaps I would be confused as well. Baby silver appleyard ducks have a mohawk stripe, no eyestripes just a mohawk. She is not white at all, and the picture of a silver appleyard you posted was white (with additional coloration in some places) and no black bill. She is very dark compared to a welshie or a silver appleyard, rouens are dark and a good specimen will have a dark bill as well.

Since you seem determined to win some argument, I yield. The lady duck is lovely no matter what breed she is.

Actually, this brings up another question. I saw some khaki campbell/pekin ducklings the other day and I swore they were rouens, they had double eyestripes and black and yellow coloring. Do mixed breed ducklings resemble mallards because all ducks (excluding muscovies) came from mallards? Does mixing just result in a baby with stripes?

I'm not determined to win any argument, I apologize if it came across that way. I'm just a very decided person and in my mind this is a rouen😂
When I guessed a Welshie/Silver Appleyard mix from the video, I don't think I saw the duckling photos. The adult bird's coloring is kind of light like a Welshie or Silver Appleyard, and she has the eye stripes of a Silver Appleyard or Rouen. Based on the ducklings, I'd definitely agree and say Rouen. Here are my current Rouen (the pic of the two birds) and Silver Appleyard babies.

Attachments

• 91963.jpeg
    91963.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 91967.jpeg
    91967.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 1
When I guessed a Welshie/Silver Appleyard mix from the video, I don't think I saw the duckling photos. The adult bird's coloring is kind of light like a Welshie or Silver Appleyard, and she has the eye stripes of a Silver Appleyard or Rouen. Based on the ducklings, I'd definitely agree and say Rouen. Here are my current Rouen (the pic of the two birds) and Silver Appleyard babies.
Yup, without baby pics it's very hard to tell. She has a very pretty neutral pattern and color that could belong to a couple different breeds, but (personally) with the baby pics I find it hard to believe that she could be anything but a rouen.

Back
Top Bottom