Help. Mama Hen goes in coop and leaves babies behind

Chicks have been doing great and go in with mom most times. There are times she goes in and they don't want to follow so stay out, then I see her pop right back out. haahaa! But so glad they figured it out and did AMAZING while I was camping!

And I now have 2 other broody hens!!! UGH! haahaa. One started Sat night the other Monday afternoon!
How did it go?!

How did it go?!
They figured it out the night before I went camping and did great after that. Mama started roosting again this week and babies went to nest box so I put them up with her for a couple days now they jump up there with her. They are all doing great. Babies will go to a new home in 2 weeks.

We are camping so no. We will be in a camper at a campground with 4-5 people and my 100 lb Rottie puppy. No space for a chicken. And my only family close is camping with us
How did this go? I have chicks that just hatched today and we leave town in a few days & I don’t know what setup to do. They aren’t eating yet because just hatched and I usually do not put food inside where nesting boxes are because it attracts ants & ants can kill chicks. But with us leaving I doubt that tiny 3-4 day old chicks can climb up & down the ramp for food/water?? Do most people usually put food & water near the nesting box at the top of the coop for baby chicks?
Maybe I need to do that & figure out how to combat the ants before I leave??!!

How did this go? I have chicks that just hatched today and we leave town in a few days & I don’t know what setup to do. They aren’t eating yet because just hatched and I usually do not put food inside where nesting boxes are because it attracts ants & ants can kill chicks. But with us leaving I doubt that tiny 3-4 day old chicks can climb up & down the ramp for food/water?? Do most people usually put food & water near the nesting box at the top of the coop for baby chicks?
Maybe I need to do that & figure out how to combat the ants before I leave??!!
I didn't have a problem with ants. I put food and water inside the coop for about the first week. Mine figured out going down the ramp pretty quick but where mom jumped half way up the ramp they couldn't figure out how to get back up till about 7-10 days old.

Back
Top Bottom