Help! Mandarin duckling with gammy leg/foot

@Miss Lydia I didn't do anything! I wouldnt say it is healthy but it's a darn sight better than yesterday!

156027754563273770159954568571.jpg

Yesterday there was nothing... In the first pics the ankle is swollen and bruised but the foot was dry, pretty much crispy but since I put him back with the others it is now warmer, hydrated, like all of a sudden the blood flow returned.

So here is a vid of him getting about. Dont judge, there is all sorts around on the floor, as we just finished decorating, and this is just to show you... Although why the PG tips box is on the floor is beyond me.

I think to help him recover I’d limit his moving to just some swim time supervised. And get him on a liquid b complex. That will help with muscle strength. And if there is a deficiency it’s usually a niacin one. I swear it looks like an injury to me.Any chance of getting a vet to look at it?

I concur that it's an injury. As i said i initially started treating it as if it were a break, assuming he got stomped or squished or twisted by the other ducklings. I still think it is a break but since I contacted our local exotic vet to ask a question about pinioning and they didnt even know what I was talking about I really dont hold much confidence in them and worry they would just say to put him down even if it weren't necessary.

Back
Top Bottom