My incubator is a new Brinsea Eco, hand-turned multiple times a day. Temperature and humidity were where I wanted them to be - right around 99.8 and 40%-50% (which is our ambient RH this time of year - the water in the single well evaporated very slowly and I only had to refill it every three to four days, which is what Brinsea says means everything is correct). The eggs were shipped EEs. 14 eggs candled well on day 7. We had a power outage on day 14 that I didn't know about until hours later and eggs were cold (maybe 4-5 hours?). Got them back up again and candled on day 17. Eleven looked good. So eleven went into lockdown. Seven pipped and hatched just beautifully on day 21. They zipped fast, membranes were slick, they were/are vigorous, they're fat and happy and have beautiful toes and legs. This morning (day 22) I candled the four remaining and removed three that looked like late deaths; I could see almost full development but obvious blood lines and no good veins; none had pipped internally. One last egg is still in the incubator because I couldn't see well enough to reliably remove it. I don't have a lot of hope but I'll give it another day or so. Every air cell was intact, the right size, etc. I'm saying that the late deaths are probably because of bacteria that got a good chance to take hold during my power outage, yes? And that the very successful hatch of the seven indicates that I probably do have the temp and RH right? My next batch will be BLRWs, and a lot higher stakes than the EEs (as much as I love them, little puffballs!), so I am anxious to declare this one a successful test. Do you think I am right, and OK to continue with the BLRWs?