Help me become a better artist? Pet portraits from a beginner!

very cool I would take a book, right now I am working on Carsoual horses I draw without the saddles or what ever they have on them I am out of practice but I had something to look at to help me with how the lines go. Give me a few days and I will draw some and I will show you what I mean I think you are very good all you need to do is pratice you will get better as you go. Tell you secret I can draw very well at one time but you know the hardest I had to draw was people noses I never could get them right and people I seem to have a few flaws in. I find if you draw something you like ... your dog you chicken you horse a friend HUMAN that it looks better and I find to remember something and to draw from memory is hard to do. I cross over to skecting when I COULD draw something and it actually looked like what I saw and was the same. You can call what you do Skatching depends who is doing the drawing.

WELL DONE

Rhayden

Im sorry to write such a long winded post but i could never expect you to draw Geppettos portrait without knowing his story
This is Geppetto- He is the most beautiful dog i have ever seen. he is a Survivor by every definition of the word. He was purchased from a puppy mill for $20 at 6 months old , living in deplorable conditions and slowly getting sicker from fleas eating him alive. After his rescue the breeder was turned in and the operation was shut down. He healed physically and emotionally and began to really shine as an individual.Life was beautiful and he was grateful to have a second chance..... In 2009 we had a horrible house fire that me and my husband barely made it out alive. everything material wise including the house was gone and we could care less. the loss of our beloved pets was devastating. Out of the surviving pets , Geppetto was burnt the worst.He had been trapped underneath debris and was accidently crawled on by firefighters leaving his front shoulder and leg mangled.. He required hospitalization day and night for the first few days following. He had the remains of his ear and back leg amputated , required skin grafting for the right side of his body and neck and blood transfusions throughout the next 2 months. and dont get me wrong i believe in humane euthanasia and to not believe in it is selfish but he let us know everyday that he wanted to keep going. Doped up on pain meds he could care less , he ate like a piggy and seemed to thrive even at his worst.I never heard a cry or yelp from him...His whole right side from forehead to tail was covered in 3rd degree burns.. The future of his right eye and vision was unknown . His gums had burnt so badly that his teeth began shifting from lack of structure. On his last surgery his heart stopped but thankfully I work for a very smart and talented Veterinarian who once again saved his life. We knew there was a possibility that with him missing his back right leg and having a non useful front right leg that he could be completely immobile and possibly need a custom wheelchair...As long as he wasnt letting us know that he couldnt go on any longer , we were prepared to stop at nothing to see him enjoy his life again . whole body bandage changes became less frequent and smaller in size and hair began growing in spots the vet thought wouldnt. 6 months after the fire he was walking on only front and back left legs , then running , then jumping and now the stairs and to the moon.... We underestimated him . His eye healed and vision never became a problem. His teeth have stopped shifting and its now become his favorite excuse for getting tablescraps and wetfood... He is now a king in our household , getting special treatment along with special treats because every day he is here is a good day no matter what. He runs and barks and wrestles his chihuahua buddy Lilly just like old times..
I dont post pictures of him during his recovery because most people cannot handle the gore...
This i what he looks like today ..a beautiful soul trapped in a tiny chihuahuas body.

If you have the time to draw his portrait , I would love to have it enlarged and printed for the living room..
Thanks for your consideration and keep up the awesome artwork!

Wow! What an incredible story about your dog. I am terrified of a house fire trapping my animals. I am so thankful you and your husband and doggie survived!

Wow! What an incredible story about your dog. I am terrified of a house fire trapping my animals. I am so thankful you and your husband and doggie survived!

Thankyou... My whole life I have had a fear of a house fire and the scary part is that 2 weeks before the fire i said to my hubby "you know we should really get a fire extinguisher " he agreed and we never did it. I try to turn the guilt from that into awareness for others. Sharing my story and encouraging every singe household out there to be prepared.. keep up on the batteries in your smoke alarms and place two full extinguishers on either end of your house.

Thankyou... My whole life I have had a fear of a house fire and the scary part is that 2 weeks before the fire i said to my hubby "you know we should really get a fire extinguisher " he agreed and we never did it. I try to turn the guilt from that into awareness for others. Sharing my story and encouraging every singe household out there to be prepared.. keep up on the batteries in your smoke alarms and place two full extinguishers on either end of your house.

thank you for sharing that story. He is an amazing dog. That's a sad happy story. I pray our house will never get burned down. I'm so glad you and your family got out of the house safely.

JP101010 - That is such a sad story, but he made it! What a little fighter.
I need to continue catching up! I'll get to everyone's drawings quickly, but I'll do one per user until I've done one for everyone, then I'll loop back again for people who posted multiple pictures. I promise you guys I'll get these done.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom