Help me become a better artist? Pet portraits from a beginner!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by equinehugger3, Jan 3, 2012.

1. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    I'm willing and eager to draw any pictures of your pet to help me get a lot more practice in art. [​IMG] If you're interested in this, just post a picture of your pet and I'll return it as a drawing. [​IMG] I'm not really the best artist out there, but I suppose that's the point of this thread. [​IMG] I'll be drawing in graphite with a tortillion and kneaded eraser for now. :3 Please don't be offended if I don't get to your right away - I'm fairly busy, but I should hopefully be able to really catch up on weekends! [​IMG] So, anyway, to the examples!

[​IMG] < Most recent - finished today! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wow, that turned out really grainy. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Pretty old school. [​IMG]

[​IMG] And that's why I'm sticking to graphite. [​IMG]

I realize that they're all horses... And not very good at that. [​IMG] I'm looking to get practice with any type of animal you can think of! :3 Thank you so much for any help.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    So I can post a picture of one of my pets for you to draw?? Or did I read that wrong [​IMG] if so sorry! Either way I thing your drawings are great!!! I can only dream of drawing that well!

3. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:Yes! I should word that better. [​IMG] Thank you. [​IMG] I'm sure you're awesome; all it takes is practice! [​IMG]

4. philter4

philter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Placerville CA
    They are very good, especially if you are a beginner. I sculpt, (look at the post on birding https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=613632 ) and usually I sketch the animals and poses first. there is an excellent book that I can recommend, Animal Anatomy for Artists: The Elements of From By Eliot Goldfinger. It is a fantastic book for learning how to draw animals.

1 person likes this.
  5. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:Thank you! [​IMG] I'll check that out. [​IMG]

6. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    Beautiful work!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Stan says he'll help you out with an action shot!

[​IMG]

My KMSH, Almost Dun, is willing to pose.

[​IMG]

8. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Hey EH3, could you draw my chicken? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the quality, she just wouldn't hold still! [​IMG] Also, if you need me to zoom in on the chicken, just tell me and I will. [​IMG]

9. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    I have many I can post, lol I will look thru what I have uploaded and then you can pick which ones you want to draw [​IMG] You don't have to draw any or all of them if you don't want to. I would be happy to just have one of my pics done.

You have many choices, LOL. 5 of them I think [​IMG]

THANK YOU!!!!!!
    I was trying to edit and some of my pics are now gone [​IMG] Having such a hard time with the new set up [​IMG]I hope I didn't mess you up [​IMG]

Abby
    [​IMG]

Really love these two
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Turkey love [​IMG] ( R.I.P Butter [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  10. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Thank you all so much for the pictures! [​IMG] I'll get started right away. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by