Help me build a awesome dog run

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ninny, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ninny

ninny Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Im am plaining a dog run for my two big dogs. I have a 25x25ft building and could do a 25x25x25 or bigger dog run. Id like to only use a 100ft of fence. Im going to use four foot fence with hotwire on the top and bottom of it. They are going to have a sandbox to dig in and a pool for swimming.

Part of the building of im going to use for storage. But most of it will be for the dogs. Im thinking of putting a couple old couches and chairs in it too.

How does that sound? I need to do this as cheaply as possable. The building has to be cleaned out and i have to buy the fence still. They have a pool so i'll just move it to the run. The hotwire will have to wait for a while.
    Should i make the run bigger? Its for a lab and a border/lab

Edited to say we are also turning a unused room in the house into a catroom for the house cats. We might make them a outdoor enclosure too. And no i don't have kids in case your wondering.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    whene can i move in

3. ninny

ninny Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    your more then welcome if you pay for the fence. Is that gonna to be big enough?

4. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    it should be but if you can make the run biger every few months or when you can afford the cost it will be better

5. ninny

ninny Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Quote:bigger the better got it

6. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    the size fine but if you can make it bigger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: