Help me calm down!!!

aldanfac

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
Hi guys so my first hatch is going how I was hoping it wasn’t going to go.. nothing too bad just I had one chick hatch on hatch day (day21) and the others still haven’t pipped (day 22- 18 hours after first dude hatched).. I’m waiting patiently however I am just worried about the little guy in there alone, he’s still drying up so I’m leaving him be but he is going to want some company. I had already thought of buying chicks in the event I have one alone but I just don’t know when exactly to make that call. Will he be ok alone if the eggs don’t hatch til Friday? Pics of the little guy pushing his friends around
IMG_9017.jpeg

No, dont leave him in there until friday. 24 hours tops.
Chicks have absorbed the yolk and can survive on that for the first day.
Is your brooder ready?
Tips for brooder,
monitor the temp before adding chicks.
Paper towel for the first few days. (You dont want them eating anything but crumble)
Do you have some electrolyte/vitamins for the water?
Good luck on your hatch!

No, dont leave him in there until friday. 24 hours tops.
Chicks have absorbed the yolk and can survive on that for the first day.
Is your brooder ready?
Tips for brooder,
monitor the temp before adding chicks.
Paper towel for the first few days. (You dont want them eating anything but crumble)
Do you have some electrolyte/vitamins for the water?
Good luck on your hatch!
Yes everything is set up and ready my only genuine concern is the fact he’s alone and no one else is hatching soon, I’m not leaving him in there til Friday I meant to ask if he is ok alone until Friday? He will be moved to the brooder but I’m leaning towards purchasing a few buddies so he isn’t alone

Sorry your thread got buried. How did your lone chick do?
Last summer I had a lone chick while waiting for another to hatch- about 3 days. I put a mirror in the brooder- and he fell in love with himself until his companion arrived.
❤️

Sorry your thread got buried. How did your lone chick do?
Last summer I had a lone chick while waiting for another to hatch- about 3 days. I put a mirror in the brooder- and he fell in love with himself until his companion arrived.
❤️
I ended up leaving him in there and it wasn’t too long until the other guys hatched! He was pretty lonely but once the eggs were really chirping and moving he was pretty excited. He was almost 3 days older than everyone!

If the temperature in there stays high, it will be OK awhile. But if you get nervous then you can feed them a mixture of raw egg and sugar with a small amount of water.

///

As far as if the others, don't hatch; the nearest Tractor Supply, or CalRanch will be having new chicks, probably any day now. Around this time of year when spring starts they have them all the time. ALTHOUGH; I do think its better if you learn how to produce your own goods and not be dependent on the store anymore. We're seeing stores and ESPECIALLY corporations are undependable not because of lack of ability, but for their snake like tendencies to be untrustworthy and scalp people whenever they can get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom