help me choose a breed!!

I just love the way salmon favorelles look!! but it is not best to get them since I have a bully. do orpingtons lay more than salmon favorelles?
They are about the same. 6~7 eggs per week during warm months, about 3 eggs per week in winter. But Orpingtons' eggs are XL while favorelles' eggs are small. Orpingtons wouldn't lay when they are broody though.

Salmon favorelles are really cute and comic! But you will have to get two favorelles to give them a friend.

We have two golden comets which are really small. could she be a buddy? instead of getting two favorelles
I doubt about it. It seems no other chickens will be favorelles' friends. I had a little sweet silkie mix who didn't like my favorelle. Especially when you have a bully, it will be really hard for a single favorelle to survive in the flock. I have one chicken being a little bully (just a few pecks to other chickens in her way), but she beats the favorelle and pull her feathers all the time. Luckily, my head hen sometimes stop her.

Back
Top Bottom