Help Me Choose a Car!

Thanks y'all for your replies! I am researching all the models given. I do have an F250 V10 at my disposal, and it is a great truck, but the gas is really not good. I need a commute car for back and forth stuff. I think I have ditched the three cars mentioned in my first post. I would like to go with a German car (like Audi or Mercedes) but get told how parts are so expensive, for example my dream car that I started looking at, Jaguar X-Type is in that category. Whine...
hit.gif
Well, off to research....

Don't get a Mini. Had one for three years and it was in the shop 24 times. Stupid car broke down all the time and it would take them forever to fix it. Had to get a rental car twice. The car was loads of fun to drive, but was completely unreliable.

In addition, the gas mileage might be good, but it only takes the most expensive gas so you don't save anything. I finally gave up and traded it in on the Scion. It hasn't been in the ship once.

Sad about the Mini - DH and I had several when we were young and we always did them up and tinkered about with them. They seemed a very reliable good little run about. I don;t think they make them like they used to.

I have a little 3 door peugeot 206 sport with sunroof and I love her. She is 10yrs old now and I am having to look for a new car soon. Doubtless will be on here asking advice soon too. I love my car and she has been fantastic. Great on the gas and easy to park.
Good size boot, hatchback makes all the difference. I fit the Dogs in and wheelchair and kids and pram. So it is bigger than you think!!!

Of course I can only give you info on my type of car( Automatic by the way ) - rare over here! She is the only car I ever owned and drove myself. I didn;t have a licence for the Mini that was DH in those days. I only passed my test when I was a lot older. So "Matlida" is the only car I ever owned.

Oesdog

Last edited:
Honda are great , but from what i heard parts are sort of expensive. But the old Accord i once had had the most responsive breaks ever.

we had an '04 pilot for about 3 years, nice car, never needed repairs. we got it with about 85K on the clock and drove it to about 175K. eventually though we traded it in on the 2012 kia sorento mentioned above because we didn't need all the space and wanted something with better gas mileage for those long drives into town.

Dh got me a prius which is a fine car.My mom had to buy a car following an accident,and she got a toyota corrolla(sp) again.Good car. If there was a truck with good mileage I would opt for that. I miss dh's truck and being able to haul stuff.

I just recently traded in my Tacoma (sob) for a Prius because I desperately needed to save some money. My daily commute is 26 miles each way, so I tend to use about 300-350 miles a week. With the Tacoma, I was filling up once a week to the tune of about $50-60. With my Prius, I'm filling up about a week and a half and only spending about $30. Not to mention the discounts I got on the insurance (and taxes) because it's a hybrid. The Prius really wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be - cheaper than my Tacoma - and the only real change has been getting used to driving so low to the ground. I'm a truck person!
big_smile.png
(but, I do still have the F250 Powerstroke for any hauling I need).
If you can go up a bit on price, I would recommend the Prius. A stripped down basic version can go for about $22,000, if you can negotiate well. The back is roomy enough for 6 50lb bags of feed, too.
lol.png
What you may spend more on the payments, you will definitely save on gas and insurance.

Back
Top Bottom