Help Me Choose My Coop Location!!

Good call! Yes, power to the coop is important, but we'll be able to have power from either location. We've wired the coop for electric. For the green location, we can temporarily run a power cord from the house to the exterior coop outlet (which powers the other outlets in the coop). Longer term (like, next year) we'd run a cord underground from the house. It would definitely be a little more ready-made for power out by the shop - there's an exterior shop outlet right by the concrete pad.

This is what hubby tells me... We live on a pretty large farm (4,000 acres) and apparently several buildings, pads, etc have been moved around here over the years. He says it takes brute strength, heavy equipment and patience. I'm leaning toward just putting it on the dirt in the green location, though. Apparently I lack that patience part... plus I'd have to wait for ground thaw, and I'll need the coop in place before then.

If a coop is needed sooner than later, and the ground is frozen. Maybe put the coop buy the shop for now. After you run the underground power line, move the coop. Has to be a heck of a lot easier to move a coop then a concrete slab.

Back
Top Bottom