Help me chose great layers for my farm !

haroon2019

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2018
Hello dears !

I want to build a farm and want to buy some 200 white Rhode island hens and 25 Rhode island Red roosters. I will incubate thier eggs to get Isa brown .

What will be the cross between red Rhode island rooster and a white Rhode island hens ?

Please help !

I think you answered your own question didn’t you

Lol

You are right...but i got confused because some said I can't get Isa brown by crossing white and red Rhode island hens. Some said the rooster should be red and some said the rooster should be white Rhode island . That's why I asked like that !

OMG...how's that supposed to work ?

Can you explain plz what and which needs I need to mate and how is the process of creating ISA brown ?

Hello dears !

I want to build a farm and want to buy some 200 white Rhode island hens and 25 Rhode island Red roosters. I will incubate thier eggs to get Isa brown .

What will be the cross between red Rhode island rooster and a white Rhode island hens ?

Please help !
ISA browns are just a brand name for red sex link chickens. These hybrids are always the result of special layer strains, so it is not guaranteed that you will get chickens that lay as well as ISA browns by crossing Rhode Island red roosters onto Rhode Island white hens on your own.

Also, to get red sex links, the white hens you use must be silver based, and that is a question of genetics. I believe Rhode Island white are silver based, but you'd do well to make sure of it by asking whomever you are buying them from.

You do not need barred rocks to make red sex links. Production Rhode Island red roosters over barred hens make black sex links, not red sex links. It's a completely different cross.

I know I maybe new to the whole chicken world but I believe in order to get a red sexlink. You can use Rhode Island Red rooster and a Delware hen. The results should produce some of the best egg laying machines available. Hope this helps.

Oh thanks for the help, to be honest I am so new to these things.

We wanted to build a farm in Afghanistan to produce eggs approximately 5000 daily.

But we don't know what to select and which kinda bird to pick apart from leghorns, coz we need brown layers.

We wanted to get Rhode island hens but they take long time and eat more that's why some suggested to mate rir onto white Rhode island hens you will get hybrid that will lay lots of eggs.

Still we didn't get clear response...as someone should tell us for for this specific bird.

I know I maybe new to the whole chicken world but I believe in order to get a red sexlink. You can use Rhode Island Red rooster and a Delware hen. The results should produce some of the best egg laying machines available. Hope this helps.
Aha thank you !

But what we can get or call the cross ?

How many eggs they will lay ?

Aha thank you !

But what we can get or call the cross ?

How many eggs they will lay ?
It's considered a hybrid. They go by many names it all depends on what the breeder gives them for a name.
What I listed is basically the cross that is used in the US for commercial egg production.
They are upward of 300+ eggs per year. I don't believe you will find any other combination to produce more brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom