Help me decide today's supper menu

Oh believe me, she does her fair share. She puts her clothes in the hamper, dishes in the sink, hands me my tools when I can't get to them, gathers eggs, hauls hay bales in HER little gator, etc... Before the hatching house burnt last week, I would pull chicks out of the hatcher and she would put them in their correct brooder. I just feel like I don't spend enough sit down time with her reading and teaching her stuff. I mean she knows how to tell time, count, ABC's, write her name, and all but I guess you never NOT feel guilty about something to do with your kids at the end of the day, huh?

Never feel guilty! She is learning things she will know for the rest of her life. Things not taught in books or at school. She will grow up knowing how to eat with a grocery store on hand and how to tend her animals with a vet on standby.

I vote anything warm.

I'm making stuffed meatloaf with mashed potatoes tonight. Mmmmm mozzarella, fried onions and mushrooms...
droolin.gif

Quote:
anything you do with a child is a learning experience. if you read a story about let's say, a squirrel gathering nuts for winter vs. go outside to do chores or play and SEE a squirrel gathering nuts & talk about it, not only does she learn about it, she is spending time with you and seeing it really happen.

guilt is something we allow. other peoples achievements or ideas of what should be done by a stay at home mom have no bearing on what you should do for your child. you don't need people to qualify you.

sounds like you are doing a great job already!

Ok, here is how its rounding out today.

Once the beans were cooked I decided to use them as a base for a vegetable soup. I added rough chopped cabbage, tomatoes, okra, corn, carrots, onion and garlic.

It smells soooo good.

The chicken is off the bone and I will be making the salad with lots of Duke's mayonnaise.

Quote:
We used to call that "Mock Turkey". Do you use stuffing on the inside of meatloa?
I want to know what they're eating at the Inaugural Ball. Does anyone know? I struck out online.

Quote:
Nope. No 'stuffing'.
I sautee some onions, mushrooms and fresh ground pepper in butter. Then make a shell with the hamburger mix, dump the sautee in, line with mozzarella slices and top with the rest of the hamburger mix. It's like one big gooey cheeseburger....
smile.png
(with everything on the inside)

Last edited:
Quote:
It is in the Washington Post.

They went cheap with chicken and not guinea. Hahahahahaha!

Italian chicken Roulade (chicken breast stuffed with roasted artichokes, peppers and pine nuts), and two pastas, including a tortellini with a roasted organic tomato cream sauce. Just today, Sharpe's staff made 900 gallons of the sauce (that's the chicken dish, frozen and being cut, in the background of the picture of Sharpe above).

Here are some of the statistics that Sharpe is dealing with:

8,750 pounds of tortellini 8,250 pounds of Italian chicken roulade 6,000 pounds of penne pasta 1,000 pounds of carrot sticks 150,000 beverage napkins 10,000 bottles of wine 130,000 pounds of ice bagged
As for dessert, don't count on it -- unless you have tickets to the Obama Home States Ball or the Biden Home States Ball. Those are the only two that will get the bite-size desserts. The meals, served reception style, will be free. No word on the alcohol yet.​

Back
Top Bottom