Help me decide which rooster to keep! UDATE!!! THEY WERE SAVED!!!

Quote:
Well that sounds like a plan
lol.png
tongue.png

I dont condone lieng though
roll.png

Are you planning on keeping the sebright separate from the silkies? If your not then it will not matter which one you keep as you will have mixed chicks, when the sebright decides to breed!
big_smile.png

If I had to choice between those two, I would go with number 2. He has better foot feathering, but his tail is too hard. They both have obvious faults so I would go with the better behaved rooster.

Quote:
I have everything with the sebrights figured out (thank god
roll.png
). I hope to build a smaller breeder coop this summer for them so that I do get pure chicks from them, though in the winter I may just put them all in the same coop.

I don't have many pics of thepullets though, but here a few I found:

#1(my favorite
lol.png
)
P9010021.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010021-1.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

Again, I didn't have many pics of them so these are the ones I could scrounge up.

Last edited:
It honestly depends on what you are looking for - what you need.

If you have hens with little foot feathering but good top knots - go for the 2nd rooster.

If you have hens with good foot feathering but don't have good top knots - go for the 1st one.

What do the hens look like that you'll be using?

After seeing the pics, I'd definitely say the 2nd rooster - he would be the best fit for those girls.

Lacey

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes I'm quite sure. I am getting two creamy colored eggs a day that are a little smaller than my eggs from my BA, RIR, EE, and BR and a little larger than my sebright eggs. The first pullet I posted hasn't started laying yet which leaves the other two. She is hatchery stock so that may have something to do with it.

Last edited:
Both of them are beautiful. I wish I lived closer to you
sad.png
, because I would buy one from you in a heart beat...
he.gif
to bad I don't have my license. I would drive down for a "road trip" and pick it up...

Did you try posting one of them on the sale/trade/buy section?

Back
Top Bottom