JodyJo

Songster
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Colorado
68634_dsc_0052.jpg

68634_dsc_0048.jpg

68634_dsc_0050.jpg

can anyone give me an idea how old these little ones are? We bought them about 3 weeks ago, they were at least 1-2 weeks old....just curious.

thanks!
I have identified them, and pretty sure now they are all pullets, even the ones someone told me was a roo, no spurs on legs, unless those show up later. All the BR are maturing pretty equally...

We have a 7 month old BR hen and we also have a 2-1/2 week old BR pullet. The feathering pattern on yours is much farther along than ours. Ours still has the yellow spot on her head. I'd say 5 weeks. I have no idea if it's pullet or not.

Quote:
ooh, I hope not, they were in with all the pullets....they are all maturing at the same rate, I grabbed them because they were the biggest. What are the chances they are all roos? All 4? I will post shots as they get bigger. Does anyone know when the spurs show up then?

Spurs don't indicate sex, and they don't get them until around 6 months. I have hens with spurs.

And nope, not a chance they are females. The color pattern is specific to their sex. Females look like this (my hatchery girl):
IMG_0700.jpg

And males look like this:
SDC10037.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed yours do not have yellow legs either. So they could be black sex link males. BR's are supposed to have yellow legs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom