Help me dog people! Dog psychologist needed!

Pics
We were actually looking for a Boston, when we found Brewster. I had wanted a smaller dog because my husband has CMT (Charcot Marie Tooth disease) and has mobility issues. I'm responsible for vet trips and exercise.
He saw Brewster while looking for an adult Boston in need of rehoming. Love at first sight, thus another boxer.
Of course I wouldn't take for him.
I have arthritis issues so tending to a big boxer is getting to be too much. I cannot lift them myself. If ever there is an emergency I couldn't get a bigger dog in the car by myself.

I highly recommend Boston terriers. They are little funny cling-ons. Make sure you want to be sat on and have them in your bed. Though with boxers you already have that.

I have arthritis issues so tending to a big boxer is getting to be too much. I cannot lift them myself. If ever there is an emergency I couldn't get a bigger dog in the car by myself.

I highly recommend Boston terriers. They are little funny cling-ons. Make sure you want to be sat on and have them in your bed. Though with boxers you already have that.
You are so right. Boxers are little dogs in a big body. They are such big babies.

Our last boxer, Dexter was over 90lbs. Ruby weighs around 75lbs, and Brewster is around the same weight.

I thought Rosie was big at 70 pounds. My last 2 were around 60 pounds.

I have to tuck Rosie into her bed every night. She gets covered with the comforter and it takes about 10 turns to find the correct position. My last boxer it took about 50 turns.

Rosie will be 10 in July. For some reason she hasn't gotten gray yet. The last 2 were white in the face by 8 or 9. I was told Rosies grandma lived to 13. I lost my last two at 10 and than 9. They never live long enough. Rosie has a lot of arthritis probably from lymes disease which all my dogs unfortunately get too often. It's pretty bad in our area. She's on the tail end of her antibiotics for ananplasmosis, another tick disease. She's a bit more perky again.

I don't share my dogs pictures too often and will probably delete this at some point. :)

Last edited:

I have to tuck Rosie into her bed every night. She gets covered with the comforter and it takes about 10 turns to find the correct position. My last boxer it took about 50 turns.

Rosie will be 10 in July. For some reason she hasn't gotten gray yet. The last 2 were white in the face by 8 or 9. I was told Rosies grandma lived to 13. I lost my last two at 10 and than 9. They never live long enough. Rosie has a lot of arthritis probably from lymes disease which all my dogs unfortunately get too often. It's pretty bad in our area. She's on the tail end of her antibiotics for ananplasmosis, another tick disease. She's a bit more perky again.

I don't share my dogs pictures too often and will probably delete this at some point. :)

View attachment 3020441
She is beautiful!

She is beautiful!
You can clearly see by her expression she doesn't trust me. I must be up to something. :lol:

Rosie has been a different kind of boxer. Always suspicious of me. I might just want to give her a pill or God forbid brush her nearly non-existing teeth. Boxers are so silly.

View attachment 3020441
Rosie looks very suspicious of you! 🤣 What a beautiful lady she is!😍

You can clearly see by her expression she doesn't trust me. I must be up to something. :lol:

Rosie has been a different kind of boxer. Always suspicious of me. I might just want to give her a pill or God forbid brush her nearly non-existing teeth. Boxers are so silly.
She might have had unpleasant experiences prior to becoming your dog. At what age did you bring her home?

I love the sillyness and their humor. No matter what, they always make me laugh ❤️

She might have had unpleasant experiences prior to becoming your dog. At what age did you bring her home?

I love the sillyness and their humor. No matter what, they always make me laugh ❤️
She was 8 weeks old. She's always been about her own business and not as affectionate as my past two. She was raised outside. My guess is she wasn't handled as much. Those first 8 weeks are very important in puppy development. Being manhandled by kids always seems to make the best pups.

I don't mind so much that Rosie doesn't want constant attention. I was way too attached to my last boxer, so having a bit of a break from that type of relationship was good for me too.

Back
Top Bottom