Help me dog people! Dog psychologist needed!

Pics
All of our boxers have been adopted as puppies, until Brewster. The puppies are so hard to resist.
Brewster, though, seems so appreciative of his new home. I'm pretty sure this has been a new level of security and attentiveness for him. He loves to be loved on.
I will never understand how people part with their dogs. I'm so glad there are wonderful people like yourself that give these dogs new homes. I always say the dogs you are meant to have will find you, and you will wonder how you ever lived without them. Bless you for giving Brewster a second chance. I'm sure he's very grateful, and knows how lucky he is.

Puppies are adorable, but so much work. I'm always glad when they mature and I can finally sleep in again.

I will never understand how people part with their dogs. I'm so glad there are wonderful people like yourself that give these dogs new homes. I always say the dogs you are meant to have will find you, and you will wonder how you ever lived without them. Bless you for giving Brewster a second chance. I'm sure he's very grateful, and knows how lucky he is.

Puppies are adorable, but so much work. I'm always glad when they mature and I can finally sleep in again.
I can't imagine giving up a dog that I've raised.
Truman, the little wire-haired dachshund, that we had for so long, was a rescue from a puppy mill. He was in the shelter for almost a year before I found him. He was adopted and brought back, once before because he had heart worms and they didn't realize how expensive treatment would be.
I was told he was around 8 years old. I thought I'd just take him home for the few years he had left. After he was treated for heart worms and dental problems, my vet told me he was only 4 to 6 years old. We were blessed with his presence for over 17 years.
20170415_144609.jpg

I've had a lot of dogs through the years, but this one was the "one".
He and Ruby were very close.
20181009_132810.jpg

Truman, the little wire-haired dachshund, that we had for so long, was a rescue from a puppy mill. He was in the shelter for almost a year before I found him. He was adopted and brought back, once before because he had heart worms and they didn't realize how expensive treatment would be.
I was told he was around 8 years old. I thought I'd just take him home for the few years he had left. After he was treated for heart worms and dental problems, my vet told me he was only 4 to 6 years old. We were blessed with his presence for over 17 years.
View attachment 3020756
View attachment 3020767
Truman is so adorable. He looks just like a schnauzer in your pictures. Dachshund are said to be silly dogs. :love That's a very long life.

Truman is so adorable. He looks just like a schnauzer in your pictures. Dachshund are said to be silly dogs. :love That's a very long life.
Thank you. He was pretty adorable. And silly too. I believe he was a mix, he may have had some schnauzer in him.
I'm lucky to have found him. I still think about him often.

View attachment 3020756
View attachment 3020767
Your Truman looks like a Gremlin resting on his subordinate! ❤
What a lucky dog to have been adopted and so well taken care of by you!

Thsnk you.
In this 1st picture, he really looks like a gremlin.
The last 4 or 5 years of his life, he had to be trimmed with scissors. His skin got so lumpy, that the groomer would no longer touch him.
In the second picture, he looks more like himself.
Screenshot_20200624-213037_Gallery.jpg

20200128_124105.jpg

I really miss him.

You can clearly see by her expression she doesn't trust me. I must be up to something. :lol:

Rosie has been a different kind of boxer. Always suspicious of me. I might just want to give her a pill or God forbid brush her nearly non-existing teeth. Boxers are so silly.
Brew is like that LOL always thinks I’m gonna do his nails or trick him somehow 🤣

You would think the shelter would have told them about the price beforehand! That’s sad 😭 I’m glad he found you though!!! He was a cutie! ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you. Those were the days before shelters were no kill. He was lucky, even though he was brought back, because otherwise, he would have been put down. When I found him, his time was up.
I wasn't even looking for a dog, for myself. I was helping my daughter find one for my grandchildren.

Thank you. Those were the days before shelters were no kill. He was lucky, even though he was brought back, because otherwise, he would have been put down. When I found him, his time was up.
I wasn't even looking for a dog, for myself. I was helping my daughter find one for my grandchildren.
Oh wow that’s amazing! ❤️❤️🥰

Back
Top Bottom