Help me figure out how to use these in a coop:

Oblio13

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2008
New Hampshire
Inveterate scrounger that I am, I couldn't resist bringing a bunch of these home from the town scrap-metal pile. They're the doors to commercial front-load washing machines. Round, tempered glass windows two feet in diameter, set in stainless steel rings. I can always just haul them back, but I know that as soon as I do, I'll think of something I could have done with them and regret it.

Do you think they would look too goofy as windows? Maybe windows in doors? I've always wanted to build a sod-roofed coop (insulation in the winter, evaporative cooling in the summer), and maybe these would work as skylights. Anyone got any ideas?

twigg

Cooped up
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Tulsa
Whatever you do with them in the coop, you will have *clean living* chickens

antiquebuff

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Franklin, NC
Use them as window or sky lights. The more light the hens get the better they will lay! I think they will look great. I like anything unusual!

Nuggetsowner:)

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2007
Minnesota
My husband and I were just talking yesterday about putting skylights in the "next" coop. Those would work great if you could frame around them. What an awesome idea!!!

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Windows, skylights, food bowls, dust bath 'bowl'! I think they are great! I wish I could find something so great at our dump...Dixie

Top Bottom