Help me figure out these breeds...

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
These are the "neighborhood" chickens that adopted us when we recently moved in. I'd like to know a little more about them if anyone can help.

Thanks for the help! She lays an off white or cream.. but it's really really close to white (not as white as store bought). At least I think she's the one laying... she's def the one sitting on them.

Well, then it is VERY possible that she is a Leghorn.
lol.png

I just realized she's not the one that's been laying on them... it's the one she runs round with that orange-ish neck feathers and a redish brown body.... the picture of her is smaller and not very clear.

I honestly don't know. I have a new egg in the box everyday when I get home from work but I've only see that one sitting on them one time.

These are the "neighborhood" chickens that adopted us when we recently moved in. I'd like to know a little more about them if anyone can help.Not sure on breed, but not a leghorn--the earlobe color is wrong. Maybe a large-fowl Silver Duckwing Old English Game?

Mixed breed, probably with some gamebird in her.

The photo is a little far away, but could be a Rhode Island Red or other gamebird mix.

Mixed breed or Australorp.

Black Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom