Help me figure out what my chicks are!

Chloesmama

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2014
I have 4 chicks that are 12 days old. Help me figure out what kind they are!
I have included names, because I think they are funny.... (my husband, and 3 kids (2,4, and 6 years old) named them)
Thanks

Chickoletta

Butternut

Marshmallow

Lord Vader

I'm a novice, but love to guess. They are all so cute and I love the names. No idea on the bottom two but think Chickoletta could be a Barred Rock and Butternut looks like a Buff Orpington.

I have 4 chicks that are 12 days old. Help me figure out what kind they are! I have included names, because I think they are funny.... (my husband, and 3 kids (2,4, and 6 years old) named them) Thanks Chickoletta Looks like a barred rock Butternut. Looks like a buff orpington Marshmallow. Unsure possibly a dark brama if it has feathers on legs? Lord Vader. Looks like a barred rock as well

Thanks guys- Marshmallow does not have any feathers on her legs. They are completely yellow too, where the other two dark ones have some black on their legs.

Thanks guys- Marshmallow does not have any feathers on her legs. They are completely yellow too, where the other two dark ones have some black on their legs.
If they are barred rocks, at this age the black on the legs may mean female. Chickoletta looks like my BR girls at that age. But Lord Vader is a lot lighter all over than I would expect for a BR?

Marshmallow is really cute, is her nose (aka beak) large or just camera angle?

I really hope they are all female.... We got them from 'my pet chicken' and they were part of the specialty order... supposed to be all female.

Not sure about Marshmallow's beak size. I think overall she is a bit smaller than the other 3. She is feathering out quicker than Butternut and the 2 others (maybe BR) are feathering out the fastest. The two BR looked more similar to each other last week. Let me see if I can find another photo of them at 1 day old.

Here are the chicks at 1 day old.... although not great photos as I was mainly taking them of my kids....

Marshmallow

Chickoletta

Butternut and Lord Vader

Your children are cuter than the chicks.

I think Marshmallow may be a brown leghorn? Will stick with BR and BO for the other 2.

Still not certain on Lord Vader.

Ok, my last guess. If Lord Vader's fluff is black, then BR. If the fluff looks more silver grey, the Cuckoo Maran.

Good luck, wishing all are girls.

Fluff is black for sure.

Marshmallow is more silver and black than she looks in the photos. A little brown on her face, but the stripes are greyish for sure. I was thinking Silver Laced Wyandotte?

Thanks though.... we were thinking BR for the other two black and BO for the yellow! It is fun to play the guessing game! My kids will be sad if we have to rehome any because they are Roos.... Here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom