Help me figure these out please...

McKenley5

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
99283_100_1278.jpg

I THINK that they are (from L to R) Barred Plymouth Rock, White Leghorn, Buff Orpington (? see additional photo), Rhode Island Red, and the little black bantam I have NO IDEA what she is (additional photo below)

I thought this one was a buff orpington, but she has these weird black spots around her neck. She is preening herself in this photo:
99283_100_1307.jpg

This is the small bantam...the feathers on her back are iridescent in the sunlight:
99283_100_1299.jpg

The Buff (?) and the Barred Plymouth Rock:
99283_100_1298.jpg

Thanks for any insight. When I bought them, the "chicken guy" said these are brown egg layers and these are white egg layers and I picked some out...
he.gif

could it be a Buff Brahma?
hu.gif
i am not sure or a mix of the two? and for the bantam i have no idea. Still not sure if it is right haha

Barred rock should have yellow skin. That one could be a cuckoo marans. The buff is definitely not an Orpington because they have white skin. Could be a cross.

i think the same on the barred girl-she looks like a Marans. good way to be sure is to look at the texture of the comb. if the surface is bumpy and rough it is more likely to be a Marans. if it is smooth it is something else like a barred rock.

Back
Top Bottom