1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me fill up a box. :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WingingIt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Short version of the story:

I have an online friend who is close to my exact opposite. We jokingly call her City Mouse and me Country Mouse. I want to send her a box of things, sort of picking on her a bit, but also to share some good country living with her. I have a magazine I'm sending along with some recipes (she's growing a small garden, I'm rubbing off on her...lol) and a jar of something I've canned. I also, as a gag, have something from TSC that comes in a tube and is sort of makeup related and fowl related at the same time. I'm not posting what it is outright because she knows about this site, and while I don't think she comes here, you never know. So if you know what I mean, Please do NOT post the name and give away the surprise. [​IMG] I'm also including a BYC bumper sticker.

So - now I need a few more items.....can you give me some suggestions? I can sew, but I'm not great at it, so if it's a sewing project, it has to be simple.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    What about one of those plastic bag keepers with a country themed fabric? (unless she uses reusable shopping bags).
    Seeds from your garden?
    Rooster kitchen towels? [​IMG]
    Something John Deere?

I'm still thinking, what a fun project!

I know the secret thing, love it. Had a BYCer from Scotland here not long ago, I gave her some, too. [​IMG]

3. mick&cori

mick&cori Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Oooooo!!! I got one of those for a joke too! My friends think its great I live in the country.....

You could send her an egg that you have blown-out and painted??
    A pair of John Deere socks - they are on sale at TSCO now... at least in my area...

Still thinking also... [​IMG]

4. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    I'm pretty sure TSC has pink John Deere bandanas. [​IMG]

Too bad it isn't closer to Christmas. Last year, I bought two boxes of shotgun shell light strings from TSC similar to these, except one strand of mine is all green and the other is all red. http://www.shotgunshellchristmaslights.com/

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I really think a feed bag tote is in order. One with a big old hen on it!

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Send her some chickens [​IMG]

7. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Poke salad and cornbread.

8. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    An Incubator [​IMG]

9. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    How about a tin JD tractor parking only sign....or an IH tractor parking only sign.....

Can you get with all of your "country" friends and ask for their favorite country recipe and make a little recipe book for her?
    Oh how about an old fashioned wash board? That would be great! Cool and usefull!!!! There is only one company left in the USA that still makes 'em but they sure are nifty!!
    A chicken/rooster themed apron? That's be loads of fun!! Some are simple and easy to make!

I do like the seeds from your garden idea!
    I also saw a really sweet butter bell on ebay that has a rooster on it.

10. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Oh yeah I know what you're talking about...great idea! [​IMG]

How about a poop sample from your chickens? [​IMG] Pick a dry one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by