Help me find out this chick's gender!!

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to start off by saying, long time no see! If anybody is curious as to why I haven't been on BYC for a while/ where my sister has gone, shoot me a DM! Anyway, yesterday we got chicks from Tractor Supply. We have one Americano, and she's mine! I'm actually not sure what gender she is but I've already named her Princess Glitter Sparkles. I need help determining her gender, as we cannot own roosters where I live. Her age is unknown but probably a few weeks at most. Attached below are pictures of her comb, wings, and general feather colors. I think they might help in the determination. All help is appreciated!!

P.S. Is it okay if I leave a chick in the sun? I brought her up with me while I work(I'm inside the house, not outside), and she's sitting in a patch of sunshine. There is plenty of shady spots on my desk, but she prefers the sunny side and falls asleep there. Is that okay?
Also females facial skin will stay yellowish and a males comb will redden. I am interested to see how it goes for you. Have a great day.

Hey everyone!! Just wanted to start off by saying, long time no see! If anybody is curious as to why I haven't been on BYC for a while/ where my sister has gone, shoot me a DM! Anyway, yesterday we got chicks from Tractor Supply. We have one Americano, and she's mine! I'm actually not sure what gender she is but I've already named her Princess Glitter Sparkles. I need help determining her gender, as we cannot own roosters where I live. Her age is unknown but probably a few weeks at most. Attached below are pictures of her comb, wings, and general feather colors. I think they might help in the determination. All help is appreciated!!

P.S. Is it okay if I leave a chick in the sun? I brought her up with me while I work(I'm inside the house, not outside), and she's sitting in a patch of sunshine. There is plenty of shady spots on my desk, but she prefers the sunny side and falls asleep there. Is that okay?
I am by no stretch an expert but I would give it a 60% chance that it's a hen.

Are you sure? The woman at tractor supply told me it was an Americano, and there weren't any easter eggers being sold there. I actually have no clue about the differences, so you could be totally right!! Just curious! Do Americans not have those little muffs?

Also, how can I tell the difference between a male and a female?
From personal experience, most people at Tractor supply have no idea what they are looking at. Tried buying leghorns once and they gave me easter eggers 🙄

Back
Top Bottom