Help me find out what the look will be!

Also! I've never had myself a RJF hen but i've heard they are excellent brooders on par with silkies in most cases (This could be false its simply been from a friend of mines hens) I was wondering, if this were to be true would this hypothetically be a trait passable to the chicks from the rooster.
RJF are outstanding mothers. Silkie motherhood is nothing compared to RJF, American Game or Asil in my experience. Those three are endlessly broody here and will attack foxes (and win, uninjured) to protect their babies

Facing an issue which is worrying me! the eggs have yet to pip (batch one was meant to pip yesterday) I assumed they'd be late now today is the 21st for the first batch and one of the ggs began to cheep inside the egg however has not even pipped the outer shell yet.

I'm growing very worried any tips?

Facing an issue which is worrying me! the eggs have yet to pip (batch one was meant to pip yesterday) I assumed they'd be late now today is the 21st for the first batch and one of the ggs began to cheep inside the egg however has not even pipped the outer shell yet.

I'm growing very worried any tips?
The only tip I have is to be patient (which is very hard.) If the incubator temperature was a little low, they eggs might be a day or so late. I don't know when to quit being patient and start doing something.

Just to check the counting: day 21 should be the same day of the week as the day you put them in. (People sometimes count days in several different ways, which can get confusing, but "same day of the week" helps me keep straight which way is the usual one for chicken eggs.)

Have you read the article about assisted hatching?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/
It has some pointers on recognizing when to assist, and the author definitely knows much more than I do on the subject :)

1699903357142.png

Baby #1 looks very much like an RJF Chick! Welcome to the world!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I love birds, I have 7 chickens at home and every day they lay 3-5 eggs, this is a shock to me. What is the norm and in what season should they always lay eggs, who can tell?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I love birds, I have 7 chickens at home and every day they lay 3-5 eggs, this is a shock to me. What is the norm and in what season should they always lay eggs, who can tell?
Some hens lay more eggs than others.

Almost all hens lay eggs in the spring and summer. Some hens also lay eggs in the fall and winter.

Some hens lay an egg almost every day, while some other hens will lay an egg every second or third day.

Some hens will stop laying eggs so they can sit on the eggs and try to hatch chicks. Some other hens will not do this, and will just keep laying more and more eggs.

In the fall, most hens will stop laying eggs while they molt. This means their old feathers fall out and they grow new feathers. They can molt just a few feathers at a time so they always have some feathers to stay warm, or they can molt almost all their feathers at once which means they look naked but then get finished sooner.

Getting 3-5 eggs each day from 7 hens is normal for some kinds of chickens at some times of the year. You might get more eggs at some seasons and less eggs at other seasons, and there will probably be some times when you do not get any eggs.

well I am less than impressed with this incubator! 9 eggs and only 2 of which have hatched! I'll update with chick pics soon! but for now can I get some thoughts on this new incubator I purchased? hoping it helps out with success rate and i've heard good things

1699985348490.png

Howdy! I'm new to this site / forum so thank you for having me!

My name firstly is Brian and I run a rehab for a variety of avian creatures and small mammals off my property in California!

I've recently started a little project of my own in breeding chickens, I have my stunning RJF (Red jungle fowl) rooster paired with 3 Red sex link/Gold Comet Hens! The eggs are in the incubator currently and getting far along. I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what their offspring may look like as either chicks or into adulthood. Attached below are images of both the roo and some of the gals any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

And again glad to be on this forum hope to post some more soon!
Howdy! I'm new to this site / forum so thank you for having me!

My name firstly is Brian and I run a rehab for a variety of avian creatures and small mammals off my property in California!

I've recently started a little project of my own in breeding chickens, I have my stunning RJF (Red jungle fowl) rooster paired with 3 Red sex link/Gold Comet Hens! The eggs are in the incubator currently and getting far along. I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what their offspring may look like as either chicks or into adulthood. Attached below are images of both the roo and some of the gals any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

And again glad to be on this forum hope to post some more soon!
I've never seen a red jungelfowl with straw colouring which of course doesn't mean they don't exist but he isn't what you'd expect a red junglefowl rooster to look like.

Back
Top Bottom