help me ID my small group of ornametal chicks

yes the 4h one did have a red head at first. and at a couple days old was very "bird-like" (very leggy, and upright)

i just looked up fayoumi chicks. that is definitly her!! thats a bueatiful chicken!

i guess i will just go through tha list of chickens and google them all

Dominiques have rose combs. That is a Barred Rock.

I doubt they would include a BR in an Ornamental assortment. It could be a Dominique that ended up with a single comb instead of a rose comb. The pic doesn't rule out rose comb for me though--or maybe I can't see it clearly on my compute screen.

I doubt they would include a BR in an Ornamental assortment. It could be a Dominique that ended up with a single comb instead of a rose comb. The pic doesn't rule out rose comb for me though--or maybe I can't see it clearly on my compute screen.
Perhaps, maybe it's like with Sebrights, where the standard rose comb birds have low fertility, so they swap in single combs instead. Hatchery could have made a mistake, too, and accidentally put in a Barred Rock. If it ends up laying white eggs, it could be a Barred Holland. Not really "ornamental", but rather rare.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom