help me identify are these eggs lice or mites?

realsis

Crazy for Silkies
11 Years
Jan 17, 2013
California
I've purchased a new silkie and she apparently had this when I got her. I killed all the bugs they are kind of straw colored but the eggs remain. At first I thought they were mites but after research they said mite eggs are grayish while lice is white. Please please help me identify these eggs!!

Thank you so much Kathy this is what I suspected.the nits are too hard to remove even with a flea comb so I'm defiantly going to have to retreat soon. At first I thought they were mites but after some research I realized they were different. I feel so sorry for the poor girl. Is lice common or does it mean her conditions were bad at the breeder as she came with lice..?

Thank you so much Kathy this is what I suspected.the nits are too hard to remove even with a flea comb so I'm defiantly going to have to retreat soon. At first I thought they were mites but after some research I realized they were different. I feel so sorry for the poor girl. Is lice common or does it mean her conditions were bad at the breeder as she came with lice..?
For some reason lice seem to really like Silkies. Check around the face, they like that area, too.

-Kathy

Thanks what a mess! ! Can't Wait till she gets rid of all these yuckies! I will just keep treating and treating. I'm a bit upset that she came with them. Poor baby hopefully I'll get her fixed up soon!!

I tried plucking but it hurt her and there are soo many egg sacks!!! It's really awful and she's a exceptionally fluffy silkie. ..sigh..
1f62d.png

Poultry dust or Sevin and then retreat in a week or so after the eggs have hatched out but before they have a chance to lay again. Is she in with other girls or quarantined?

Back
Top Bottom