Help me identify chicks from giveaway!

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
The Atlanta Meet Up Chicken group gave away over 1000 chicks today - I took these 3 home and am not sure of their breeds. Please help me figure it out! They are from well known hatcheries and all should be large fowl. Thanks!

Chick 1

34304_dsc_0969.jpg

34304_dsc_0964.jpg

Chick 2 (Has Lightly Feathered Feet)

34304_dsc_0958.jpg

Chick 3 (I am guessing this is an EE because of the cheeks?)

34304_dsc_0987.jpg

All 3 together:

34304_dsc_1001.jpg

Hi! You took great photos! I love the one of your cat & chick and the one of the chicks together. I'm not sure what the first two are and I agree the third could be an EE. Your chicks are adorable, BTW.
smile.png

Last edited:
I did some searching to see if I could find what breeds you may have. These are just guesses. I hope this helps some!
smile.png

For the black/yellow chick:
Black Australorp
Jersey Giant
Exchequer Leghorn

For the black/white feather-legged chick:
Maran

Last edited:
The first one looks to be an Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn. There's just not enough black for an Australorp or Jersey Giant. The second could be a very poorly feathered Cochin or a feather legged Marans. The third does look like an EE.

The first one looks to be an Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn. There's just not enough black for an Australorp or Jersey Giant.

You are right. I put Australorp there because maybe if it was one it had poor markings. (I don't know if chicks can have poor markings though?) I didn't even think of Ancona. So, I change my guesses on the 1st chick to be Ancona or E. Leghorn.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom